Scheduling Accommodation

How do I effectively accommodate preferred schedules of the team members? Is it better to base it on the level of needs or base it from their performance?

Effectively accommodating the preferred schedules of team members requires a balance between their needs and overall performance. It’s essential to create a work environment that fosters productivity, employee satisfaction, and a healthy work-life balance. Remember, every team member is unique, and their preferences and needs may vary. The goal is to strike a balance that allows team members to thrive personally and professionally while contributing to the team’s overall success. By prioritizing open communication and fairness, you can create a positive work environment that encourages employee satisfaction and retention.

1 Like

Indeed, @alethalain! I think scheduling accommodation should be based on the team member’s performance though as it gives them the motivation to perform well and keep their preferred schedules. At the same time, as part of the support team, we also have to base it on their level of needs like when team members are requesting for a PTO or VL or a schedule swap short notice. Regardless there is no ‘better’, the best is, it always should be a balance of both. Thank you for your insight.

I wonder what others think about scheduling accommodation, though? :thinking: Open for more insights, team!

This can be an interesting problem to solve. I don’t think there is one answer. I have always tried to accommodate when I could. The needs of the business and the needs of the agents don’t always align. I think as long as the agents know that the answer isn’t always just “NO”, they will usually compromise.

1 Like